Saturday 27 June 2009

Playsuit?

I can't believe it is 28oC in London! It is so hot and sunny, that in true English style everyone has stripped off to the bare essentials, and who am I to question it? Although I am really not a fan of over sharing ie. flabby men walking around with their tops off (why oh why must they subject us to the sight of their beer bellies?) this is the one time I would agree that girls can get away with showing legs and a bit of decolletage during the day while still looking cute.

Today I am off to the park to catch some sun, with my trusty garnier SPF30 in hand, as no amount of tan is worth risking sun damage. Since playsuits are such a hot trend this summer, and perfect for running around in this weather, I wanted to customise this trend and make it my own. I chose this playsuit (from ASOS) for its feminine floral design, that really lends itself to a skirt or dress. I also like the fitted bra top, which has a 50's feel to it with its curved stitching. It is 97% cotton, with 3% elastane so keeps you cool, while having a bit of stretch for comfort. The back is also ruffled which helps it fit in all the right places and not feel too stiff, as can often happen with all-in-ones as it is difficult to create a flattering shape that will fit everyone.
What do you guys think of playsuits? Will you be wearing one this summer?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. That is so gorgeous! I just went to buy one and they only have size 18 left :( Sometimes I find with playsuits they don't fit so well because I'm 5'9 and must have a longer body than average! But if I remember right you're quite tall too (when I saw you at the Barry M event) and it looks like a great fit, so gutted they've sold out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! Reminds me of Katy Perry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah its lovely, I want to get a play suit but I don't know if it will suit me as I'm so small. Gutted! You pull if off very well though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks super cute on you! i havent tried out this trend yet but your picture makes me want to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! I wore mine yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love these and I wish I saw more of them here in the states. I actually don't see any! :( So cute and retro looking which I'm definitely a fan of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really cute and chic at the same time. I agree with Amy about being tall. I always get worried that it'll be too tight length wise.
    After seeing your post I might have a look at getting one now. And there was me trying to stop shopping. Oh well :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. @amy, @legseleven7- yes, I'm 5"10 so I often have problems finding things that are long enough in the body, this one is pretty tight but usually if it doesn't fit I just get the next size up... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl!! OMG I LOVE ASOS!! This looks gorgeous on you!! I love the print!! I'm from Toronto so I wonder all the time how much shipping would cost for me with that website..I need to find myself one now!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig