Wednesday 6 October 2010

Permanent hair removal with the E-One: Chapter 2

A few months ago I posted some information and my first impressions of the E-One permanent at home IPL hair removal system. Now, two sessions later, I just wanted to share my experiences and my thoughts on this system with you all.

I am very lucky to have been given the opportunity of keeping the system at home for a few months and thoroughly testing it out on myself (and even on my flatmate's leg to see her thoughts). Though at present it is a little too early to tell if the results have been significant, or indeed permanent, on close inspection the hair on my legs has already started becoming patchy. There seem to be fewer hairs resurfacing altogether, though not dramatically so. This is more than I can say for the laser salon treatment I have been receiving on my underarms, as after 4 sessions I have thus far seen very little change. I much prefer having the freedom of using the E-One in my own living room, than having to schedule appointments at a salon, and though it is a little laborious, since us ladies can multi-task I usually sit down and catch up on a few YouTube videos or watch a (green tinted by the safety specs) movie while zapping ;).

The system itself is simple and intuitive to use, and though time consuming I have found the whole process pretty painless. As my skin is very sensitive I often experience a rash after shaving or waxing, which as some of you know can look much worse than the hair does! Of course I was apprehensive at first as the flashes are quite bright, but besides a quick burst of heat there was no pain or irritation afterwards, which I was very surprised by. Trust me, I am the biggest wimp when it comes to pain, and even on the highest setting I felt nothing more than intense heat, which faded in 2 seconds. Much less painful than waxing, or even epillating. Though when I zapped the bf's arm he wasn't quite as tolerant hehe ;).

If you are interested in finding out more on my views on IPL hair removal and my experience (so far), as well as a short demonstration of how I use the machine, please check out the video below. I was doubting whether to put this up, as I look horrendous. This was filmed during my lunch hour so I ran straight from work through the rain (just my luck!) to the E-One offices and am looking more than a little frazzled.. apologies, but I thought this could be helpful for you guys :).



If you're looking to try the E-One system before you buy you can now do so at the newly opened London showroom. You can click here to make an appointment or call 0203 036 0800. This video was filmed in their showroom at Sutherland House, 3 Lloyd's Avenue, London EC3N 3DS. With prices starting at £1,250, I would definitely recommend popping in and testing it out if you are able to do so. Having met a few of the team I have found them very helpful with any of my queries and concerns.

Have you tried IPL? Would you consider investing in an at-home system or would you prefer to go to a salon? Personally, I was dubious at how effective this system would be at first, but having tried (and paid good money) for a salon treatment that has so far failed to deliver, I am starting to see more of the benefits of a good at home system. Though it is expensive, if the results are indeed visible and permanent, I think it is worth it. I shall keep you updated with my progress. Hopefully after six sessions (at 6 weeks apart) I shall be hair free... fingers crossed!xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. That is made up of minute diodes or semiconductors that are set together to manufacture light. One advantage of the diode laser is the relatively longer wavelength than other machines used for laser hair removal.

    laser hair removal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    This is a new concept that you provide about hair removal marketer who promotes the idea of latent semantic indexing in up coming young generation and it was coined by gaining high living thinking is considered for fashioning world.
    הסרת שיער בלייזר

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this already available on the market? and if so, where can we buy it? I'm a little bit hesitant about this IPL hair removal system since there are only a few reviews on the internet.. But for now, I'd rather stick to my usual brazilian bikini than to take the risk of damaging my skin :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is some undertaking but at least you are doing it just before summer so you should be finished just in time for when you need to get into bikinis and dresses. I would hate to go without fake tan for that amount of time but for the end result, it would be worth it. The thought of never having to shave or wax ever again is very enticing though! Looking forward to seeing how you get on!
    fraxel laser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing information about this machine, i really want this unit so bad

    E-ONE IPL Hair Remover

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is great. I heard that laser hair removal is considered a permanent hair removal.
    Well, I would loved to have this permanent hair removal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally I prefer TRIA Laser Hair Removal because it has the largest treatment area

    ReplyDelete
  8. But is this safe? Using the device at home on yourself...... Usually a certified technician performs such a procedure and I think it requires a certain training program before the usage.

    I personally don't trust these at home devices, not because it's inefficient but because I'm afraid of doing something wrong that could affect me for the rest of my life, like a scar for example.
    That's why I chose Skin Vitality for all my laser hair removal treatment because I knew I'm in good hands and nothing bad can happen to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your informative article. I'm creating a website about home laser hair removals and I wish to have there articles like yours. Anyway, could you tell me how do you promote your articles(or do you even promote)? I found on the Internet lot of blog posts relating to your review. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig