Monday 21 November 2011

Look!

 The beauty brains behind Look magazine have developed their own beauty range in support of cancer charity Look Good... Feel Better, which helps ladies combat the visible side-effects of their cancer treatment. With over 100 beauty essentials including 32 eyeshadow and nail polish colours, lipsticks, glosses, foundation, bronzers and much more it is definitely a range that will make an impact with its imminent launch in Superdrug stores!
At just £4 each the single eyeshadows come in a great range of colours and finishes. I particularly like the fact that all the shadows have individual names and numbers too, which is not often the case with many affordable collections.
Left: Suede (no. 25). Right: Acid Wash (no.1).
The shadows have great pigmentation and colour pay off, though they are a little powdery, so I would recommend using them with a good base to prevent fall out.
Of all the products I have been lucky enough to play with the lipsticks (£7) are probably my favourite. I love the selection of fun colours and the creamy, moisturising texture that leaves lips feeling smooth and glossy. Pictured above is Toffee Cup (shade no. 4) a beautiful, milky and oh so wearable nude, which was kindly chosen for me by the lovely Zoe.
The Double Hit Lip (£7) is a clever double ended lipstick and gloss in a selection of bright, punchy colours. These lippies are extremely pigmented and they smell delicious too!
 Red Alert shade 4
L to R: Lipstick, Gloss, Combination.
I was also very much excited to see the selection of nail varnishes (£5) Look has an offer. A massive 32 shades encompassing some gorgeous brights, as well as bling glitters and modern nudes/ taupes. Of the two shades I received I was most drawn to Pearl Effect (shade 20).
I immediately applied this over my current nail polish (OPI Russian navy) and loved the subtle, multi dimensional effect it created. I can't wait to experiment with it as a top coat over contrasting colours!

Sophie Beresiner, the Beauty Editor of Look magazine, is such a strong, beautiful lady and an absolute inspiration. I highly recommend checking out her blog here and reading her story.


Are you a Look magazine reader? Will you be supporting Look Good... Feel Better and purchasing any products from Look Beauty? What products are you most excited about in the range? xxx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. WOW its so beautiful and charming and I just want it now. You really share a awesome beauty kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems really nice, I can't wait to try this out! Their packaging are lovely and the range is wide, something for every tast!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig